RE: [DML] Cooling Fans

Thanks Mark for the comment. Out of about 250 sold I have had about 10 come
back to modify due to electrical problems in the car. When the car is shut
off and there is still voltage applied to the fan relay the fans may
continue to run.
Other people have copied our unit and others and have built in a fix to shut
off and over come the problems in the car.
We have had 2 EE engineers look at our unit and fine no problem with the
design and what it is supposed to do if the electrical circuit in the car is
ok. It's very simple; turn the fans on and off.
We built in no circuit to over come other electrical problems in the car as
John DeLorean didn't either. Newer units have built in features to shut the
fans on and off but let's see what happens to them in 4 to 5 years or to the
cars if the problem isn't fixed no staggered.
What I find is more people just want the units to work no matter what the
cars problems are and instead of someone trying to find and fix the problem
they just want the units to over come the problems.
If you want the car to run better, have more power and performance and not
drag down the electrical circuit in the car when the fans are running then
replace the fans, it's that simple.
I just sold a man a set of fans to Fix the problem, not stagger or delay on
and off which doesn't fix the problem of the 30+ amps current problem.
The new fans will fix the problem and the car will run better. Don't waste
your money on our units or others. None of them fix the problem of the fans
drawing to much current they just handle it different.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com