From: Justin Mettee <jamettee@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 6:30:09 PM
Subject: [DML] Question: Hole in fiberglass that allows water leak in ECU area

When I got my D back in April, someone told me "you have an early
VIN, you probably have a hole that leaks into the ECU area". Well, I
now have both interior side panels off because I'm replacing the rear
speakers. Both sides have a hole about a 2.5" diameter, right behind
the speaker magnet. I can look through the fiberglass & see tha
inside of the rear quarter panel.

I assume these are the cabin vents to allow the doors to close & the
vent system to work. Are these the holes I should be looking for?
Is there another hole that is common on early models & should be
plugged to prevent leaks?

I just want to get a good answer before I put the side panels back on.

FYI, I have VIN 2075, June 81 build.

Thanks
Justin

.