[DML] Re: Some issues after storage

Disconnect the jamb switches (total of 3) on both doors. If that cures
the battery drain you have to figure out why they are not working. The
rubber tips may be missing. Can be fixed temporaraly with a short
piece of rubber tubing over the plunger to make it a touch longer.
The lock doors light being on dimly could be a defective module or one
of the door switches (not the door jamb switches) out of adjustment.
The solenoids can certainly be fried but that would not cause the
light to light.
White/gray smoke on start-up could mean a popped head gasket from a
previous overheat. This will also affect all other aspects of engine
running so it has to be checked out and fixed first. All of the other
engine problems may go away once you fix the smoke problem. Since you
recently took the car out of storage you should check and replace ALL
fluids. If the tires are over 7 years old they should be replaced.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stainlessilusion" <5n-@...> wrote:

> After years of being in storage, 005003 is back on the road. The car
> has a few new issues though. First, I'm dealing with a dead battery
> every few days. I have a fresh battery installed and Monday-Tuesday it
> was fine-car started strong both mornings. I come home Tuesday and

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)