[DML] Re: DMA members

Dear Group,

I have listened to lots of criticism of the DMA officers. Even though
I have
had my Delorean for 15 years, I have not been active in the DMA
except for
the recent past. I have always found the people who ran the club to
be very
helpful and motivated to see that everyone had a good time. As far as
the
current situation goes, obviously something is amiss. I do not think
it is fair
that we pass judgement until we have heard both sides of the story.
There are
three sides to every story and we have heard only one. Its time to
hear from
Dan or the other officers about the allegations made in this forum.

I have only met Dan a few times. At DCS he made an effort to say
hello and
offered to get together with me at some point in the future. He also
called
me last night probably to talk about what is going on. I did not have
chance to talk to him but I see an effort being made on his part to
communicate
with me. Being an officer of a corporation or a club means that you
have to
follow protocol or procedures so that matters get taken care of
fairly and
above board. Following protocol and being transparent to members
means that no
one can accuse anyone of doing anything underhanded. I sincerely
doubt that
Dan or any other officer would do anything to jeopardize the club or
its
reputation or finances. All I have are bits and pieces of stories.
Some were told
to me in person at DCS and some on this chat group. Now in all
fairness I
think we should hear from Dan. As an aside, plenty of people in this
world
are non conformists. If it wasn't for the non conformists we would
not have
the innovations and inventions that we have today. If Dan did
something that
was not 100% conforming to the bylaws of the DMA then we need to hear
from
Dan so he can explain his rationale. Maybe we are not talking about a
major
problem. Maybe this is just a minor thing? Maybe it is a big problem?
Maybe no
one would care as long as the officers were up front and open to the
members
with communications. As far as the rental of Delorean's go, I think
that
should go according to the bylaws. Again, is renting out your
Delorean and
making a few bucks worth anyone's reputation? I think not. Let's do
the right
thing and have everything out in the open on the DMA web site.

As far as using intimidation and harsh language goes I am totally
against
that in a corporate/club setting. Hey, we all lose our temper. I am
no saint
either and have slipped many times in my life. If Dan, any officer or
even
member says something offensive or abusive to anyone in the club then
an
apology is in order. We are human, we are all fallible and we all
make mistakes.
I don't know Dan or any other officers for that matter. I would like
give them the benefit of the doubt and have them publicly give their
version of
what happened. If they were wrong, I want to see them admit it, make
amendments and move on. We cannot live in the past. We all want to
have fun. I'm
sure the officers want to have fun too.

I have much respect for Kevin and Cheryl Abato and Marc Levy for the
years
of dedication they gave to make the DMA a great car club. I met
Tiffany
recently and can see the spark in her eyes when it comes to the
Delorean and the
club. It would be a shame to lose Tiffany. Tiffany that is a decision
only
you can make. I would hang in there. I think Dan and the officers
should get
the misunderstandings and the miscommunication out of the way and
talk to
Tiffany. Obviously she is hurt by actions and words of the Officers
of the DMA.
Something has to be done to fix this. Again it might just be a
misunderstanding, but until its taken care of out in the open it
becomes the 1000 pound
gorilla in the room.

In the end all we want to do is have fun. Let's get the egos out of
the
way.Remember that the officers do what they do for no pay. They do it
for the
love of the car. Its more fun having a big group of people get
together.
Having said this, that still does not give the officers the right to
violate
bylaws. Transparency is the key here. Hey, the more open the officers
are with
the public, the less they have to worry about any of this stuff. Its
win-win situation.

But Dan, the ball is in your court. I say get this out of the way. If
any
this was said to offend anyone, then apologies are in order. No
matter who
said what to whom.

How much time do we have on this earth to enjoy our lives?

Let's not waste another minute on this.

boB Cutrupi
16909

<*> Your email settings: