[DML] DCS 08 - WHAT A RUSH! (and Pictures)

[DML] DCS 08 - WHAT A RUSH! (and Pictures)

Well.anyone who missed DCS08 missed one heck a good time!

I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and open the Bricklin crew was.
They set up the road rally course on Thursday and invited several Delorean
owners to drive it with them.  Embarrassingly, the Deloreans took first,
second, and third place for fastest time, but the Bricklin owners didn't
seem to mind at all!  They loved having a good time at the event with us,
and we all laughed and got along great.  They even paid $450 to rent the
go-cart track for 3 hours on Friday and opened it up for anyone who attended
the show to ride on for free!  I look forward to seeing them all again when
then come to 2010 DCS!

Photos:   I have TONS of photos (over 4,500 were taken over the course of
the weekend).  As you can imagine, it takes time to sort thru them all and
pick the best ones, and do adjustments.  I PROMISE to have them up on
www.grenexmedia.com shortly.  My guestimate will be by sometime early next
week (sorry.day job consumes a lot  of time for me!)  But I can tell you
that you will love them when you see them.

The rest of the show was incredible.  As much as I ran around photographing
everything, I wish I had more time to stop and enjoy.  If you saw me at the
show, I apologize for not socializing at length, but I am always on the hunt
to make sure I get the best photos..SORRY!  Nothing personal!

Electric Deloreans, Mac Mini Deloreans, Bricklins, Driving Go-Carts, Road
rally in the parking lot, Deloreans all over the place, Food, Drinks,
Friends, Car Show, BTTF.Com, Flux Capacitor pins, Guest Stars, Delorean
Museum, Custom cars..  It was too much to take in!  :)   I LOVED IT!

I need to extend a special "Thank you" to my wife Cheryl.  She jumped right
in and helped out with the show, and was very understanding of being a
"Camera Widow" while I ran around 18 hours a day taking photos and helping
out the show.  (thanks to Steve Card for coining the "camera widow" term for
my marriage)

I am very tired, but smiling from ear to ear.   Kudos to Ken, his family,
and everyone who helped out with the show.  Truly a great experience to have
attended.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com