[DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association

Hello Everyone,

I am Mark Shearer, VP of the DOA, and I would just like to inject my
two cents into this topic.
I have been a DOA Board member for 2 years (and a member since 1998)
and with that, I have heard some of the past 'issues' that people
have had with the DOA, while the secret meetings and secret finances
may have been a reality at some point within the organization, I
myself was/am not aware of how those things from the past will help
us move forward to the future.
Here are my thoughts.  All of the things that happened in the past
are in the past.  I had nothing to do with them, Ken had nothing to
do with them, Steve had nothing to do with them, Elliot had nothing
to do with them, and others that may have been on the board during
those times, I believe, did not set out with mailitous intent to harm
other groups or the community.  So let's move forward.  A lot has
been discussed at our meetings and we've had a lot of talks to get
this thing moving in the right direction again.  We are planning to
be more 'open' we are planning to be more user friendly and many
other things BUT we, the new people, can not afford to keep looking
back!
I was just at DCS '08 this weekend, I came not as a representative of
the 'Evil Empire' but as a normal, everyday DeLorean owner and
lover.  And I had a blast!  I saw some friendly faces and met some
new ones and that is what DeLorean ownership should be about!  I did
not/do not care what, if any, group someone was a part of... it was
enough to know we all love the DeLorean and what it's place in
history is.  As for the DOA, I want to see the DOA begin to grow
again, not because I want to 'take over' all the other clubs, but
because I believe (personal opinion) there is a place for a national
owners club.  BUT while I believe this, it does not mean that I/we
are going to be activly working to 'kill' other groups, infact just
the oposite, 'we' would like to begin to work more closely with those
other groups to forward the DeLorean car and its maker... and if we
get a couple new members from that, that would be great.
We would indeed like to be more of a presence at future DCS' and we
want to work hand in hand with Ken K., and other DeLorean groups.
We all have seen and read a lot of posts over the last few weeks
since 'the revolution' and believe me, we are reading them all and
taking them all to heart, even the mean ones, but let it be known, we
the new leaders of the DOA are NOT WORKING AGAINST ANY OTHER GROUP OR
ORGANIZATION, and we ask that you put aside your past hostilities of
the DOA and NOT WORK AGAINST US!  We're all new on this board and we
have nothing to do with the past and we are looking forward to
getting back to working with the DeLorean community for the benefit
of the DeLorean and its members.
Sorry for being so long-winded, and thanks for listening.

Mark Shearer
Vice President

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lordshill@... wrote:

> Dave,? Right on the money, especially about finances.? A couple of
years back the DOA sold many of the back issues of the magazine and a
life membership.? That had to have created a sizable chunk of change
for the club.? What happened to it?? I have asked about by-laws and
finances a number of times and have not received the courtisy of an
answer.
> ???? Magazines have been sparse and few.? The last magazine I have
is the fall 2007 issue, is this to be the last?? Indeed, the only
magazines from the DOA last year were the Winter 2007 and the Fall
2007.? Please be straight with us, is DOA now DOA?

> Roy E Barley
> 00893

consolidated
> the owners and kept things going for a long time.
>
> (moderator snip)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: