Re: [DML] PJ Grady

This is not an advertisement for Rob, but a personal view and opinion.

With me, he has treated me the best in the repairs of my car or in
customer relation.

First, Rob's shop is unique and personal.  He breaths, eats and lives
the DeLorean marque and he reflects it.

Second to the first, he has a close customer's relationship and he
DOES care.  For example he can remember vin numbers to the customer's
name, including the previous owners.  He also knows the many cars?
vin numbers and it history off hand.  If he was involved, his work
and the repairs, as well as the other shop's repair.  He can tell you
the good and the bad with the vehicle.

Thirdly, what I like about him is with his products that he offers is
his "personal responsibility" as to stand SOLIDLY in backing his
products is beyond reproach.  This means that the product that he had
"engineered" as to replace the stock part, he will stands behind the
product.  He had several times honored a defective or a failed part
and had replaced it at NO charged even when the warranty had
elapsed!   He often would talk about "product liability" being first
priority, before he markets or sell anything.   His main concern is
always have been SAFETY first in the parts installed and the legal
liability to the part and the labor to the vehicle that he works
on.   I am not sure about the other parts suppliers that will will
sell "cross references" or "adapted" parts that can work or that will
fit for a lesser dollar.

As for parts failing, I can't afford failure that can or will hinder
my schedule when I am need of the car or when I am on the road and
more important the failed part that can or will cause an accident and
liability suites to follow, especially if other people and vehicles
are involved.  Many times, I cringe when I read the many e-mails
about some members using parts being substituted and if the part
installed don't hold up or should it fails and does these owners
insurance policy will stand behind them?  This was a subject that Rob
and I had in the past about "up grading" parts.

FWIW, I know that Rob had not express this issue openly, but many
times when I was at his shop, people will be calling to ASK about
technical advices, which does cost him his time.  Rob will be kindly
enough to address the caller, which at times is long and drawn.  What
is sad is that many of the callers DON?T buy from him and or turn to
others vendors or other supplying sources.  They would buy the parts
elsewhere and then they would call back to see why the issue is not
resolved with their car.   What is with these people???

I also witnessed customer who is expecting Rob to do miracles with
their "sad" cars and when Rob tells them the cost or the process
involved, you can hear the customers howling their ugly opinions.

Anyway, the way with me, he charges accordingly to the parts and the
labor performed and I know there is a "peace of mind" when I leave
his shop with the work performed.   Rob has been more then fair with
many customers and that is how he has maintained his business and
customer role since the inception of the DeLorean cars on his premise
way back when!

Again, this not an advertisement, just a testimonial telling you like
it is.  If it was not for Rob and the support and well as the
distance between his shop and where I live, I would not have brought
my DeLorean nor I would have kept it this long for twelve years.

BTW, who are you and why the question?   Do talk to him.  He is fair
and easy.....

Kayo Ong
Lic  9D NY

On Jun 14, 2008, at 10:13 AM, one80extreme wrote:

> Is anyone currently having work done on their cars @ PJ Grady. If
> so, what has been your
> experience?

<*> Your email settings: