From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Martin Gutkowski
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:09 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Running hot when it's hot out

The heater core is an auxiliary circuit seperate from the main one. It
has an isolator valve which switches off the flow with the AC on max
anyway - this is definitely not the cause of the problem.

If it isn't a failed thermostat, it sounds very much like a blocked
radiator to me, or a restriction to the radiator air flow as David said.

Do check the stat first thougn, it's so easy to change and I have seen
new ones that were no good. As the engine warms up from cold the right
main hose should get hot with the left staying cold. As the stat opens,
the left ones warms up and very quickly the right one goes cold. From
that point, they warm up together till the fans come on.

There exists the small possibility of the issue being something
electrical with the temp gauge seeing as the ambient temperature seems
to affect the apparent running temperature by more than one migh
texpect.

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional