From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 5:21 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Re: Fuel filter

Fuel Filter ALERT!

Speaking of fuel filters we just received a dozen filters from DMCH and I
cringed when I discovered they are out of NOS and substituted the Bosch #401
style filters used on old Volvo 240's. This filter has a cage nut meant to
be used with a fuel banjo, bolt, and copper washers ala Volvo. Unfortunately
99% of all DeLorean's use a pipe or tapered thread style elbow to "seal the
deal". This arrangement won't work on a DeLorean and will result in a
massive fuel leak directly ahead of the catalytic converter. Yes folk's you
too can modify your DeLorean so it looks like a flaming fireball as you
travel down the boulevard.but please don't park it in your garage unless
your homeowners is paid up! Seriously this is a big problem but at least
DMCH has the fittings to make it work as the factory was apparently trying
them on a few of the later cars and I've seen the fittings in my travels
around their warehouse. If you bought a filter and it came in a Bosch box
don't use it. Call DMCH or whoever you got it from and arrange for a return
or you must change the fittings.

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

   _____