From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:23 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Fuel filter (tank pickup)

These pick-ups may have been OK at least until the gas companies
started putting all kinds of additives including Ethanol into the gas.
You have to be particularly careful these days with fuel systems. The
older cars were never meant to have to deal with this stuff. You may
be able to salvage the pick-up. Remove all of the loose, crumbly stuff
and use an epoxy that is more tolerant of the newer gas blends. If you
find a lot of dirt in the tank you should consider changing the fuel
filter. Since the Delorean has a recirculating fuel system all of the
crud eventually winds up in the filter. I also found it hard to tell
exactly what you were trying to show us with the picture.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

[mod snip]

<*> Your email settings: