[DML] Re: Washed car, died OTR 15 minutes later

[DML] Re: Washed car, died OTR 15 minutes later

Another place to check is the white ballast resistor on the firewall
in front of the motor. The connectors corrode and can cause a bad
connection. Take them apart one-at-a-time and clean them up. If it has
been a while since the ignition wires or spark plugs have been
replaced it may be time. John is a generous person with his time and
advice. His parts are a good value too!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John" <jdm5@...> wrote:

> Unbelievable,
> I washed the car carefully today, with little water spray then took
> her out for a ride. She started fine, and drove for about 15 minutes
> then died on-the-road. I let her sit and cool down, then tried again.
> She started then immediately died. Worried it might be something else,
> I phoned John Hervey and explained the situation. He reassured me it
> was likely condensation in the coil, or water had leaked in the engine
> spark plug area. He said the best thing to do is have patience, and
> allow for the moisture to dissipate and continue trying.
> Ignoring my wife's repeated advise to call AAA and have it towed home,
> I waited. 30 minutes later, and sure 'nuff she started and stayed on.
> It was kinda weird that it took that long to choke on water.
> My deepest thanks to John for answering questions on a Friday night,
> and to everyone that supports our hobby when the going gets tough.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional