Re: [DML] a/c drip - not where I thought it was

I knew this was somewhere, and I found it!

  Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 06:42:27 +0000
Subject: Re: DML: Help

Hi all,

> One is a water leak on the right hand side.  He said he recalls it only =
> happening when the car is parked either uphill or downhill, but he can't =
> remember which.  Sorry for the limited information on this.  We don't =
> see any stains on the ceiling or anywhere.  Just water on the floor.  My =
> guess is it was coming in under the dash.  We are looking for =
> suggestions.

Check all the screws in the grill below the windshield. My old one
had some loose and I removed them, put a little silicone on them and
screwed them back in. That took care of it. By the way, my leak was
only noticeable when parked uphill.

Chris

Farrar <fhudkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hey gang,

Today I checked the little "blower motor cooling hose" (I think that's
what it's called -- the little one in an L-shape) to see if it was wet.
It wasn't, and it seals correctly.

However ...

... when I was ducking my head out from under the dashboard because I
realized it was starting to rain again, I accidentally dislodged the air
hose -- the one that runs to the door vent.

THAT is when I got water pouring into my ear! :-(

It seems that water is collecting at the end of that hose -- where it
connects to the black plastic casing for the middle vents, or very near
to it. I don't know whether this is condensation or whether it could be
water leaking in from the outside. It *has* been raining here off and on
for a few days.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Farrar Hudkins