[DML] Re: output shaft seal leak - final solution?

[DML] Re: output shaft seal leak - final solution?

You can just smear the seal with silicone around the outside where it
seals to the case just before you install it. If you moved the
adjuster nut and did not put it EXACTLY  back where it was you may
have loosened the bearings and now you will have trouble keeping the
seal from leaking until you readjust the bearings.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> The driver's side seal on my manual trans is leaking.? So far,
I?replaced the yoke?with one of Grady's reconditioned and sleeved
yokes and replaced the seal with anerobic sealant around the casing
and on the new seal.? It is still leaking... it seems to leave a
couple drops every time I park, but it does not appear to leak and
make a mess while driving.? It is getting really annoying and I would
like to fix this 'once and for all'.? So, what is the final
solution??? If I recall, there is a small scratch in the casing where
a seal puller slipped during my first replacement.? Is is possible to
sand the area down slightly to remove any ridge, and then wipe some JB
Weld or something with my finger into the scratch?? It is not deep,
but that is the only thing I did not address last time I replaced the
seal (this will be my third replacement).

> Thanks,
>
> Andy

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional