Re: [DML] Original Shop Manuals

<<Are you still working on a project to produce an error-free updated manual?>>

(Sigh.)? Yes.
Several good ideas were mentioned today, and some are similar or identical to ideas I've pursued without success. The vendors I've spoken to have no interest. They themselves don't need it.? After a round of discussions on the DML about website vs wikipedia a few months ago,? I decided to just sit down and do what I can, piece-meal, and post it to the DMCTech site, bouncing it out to that mailing list first for corrections or additions. I spent several weeks around my work demands essentially proofreading, annotating and cross referencing the various manuals, pencilling in changes in repro copies. I even offered to pay my daughter, who types like blue blazes, to hand type it all in but she doesn't need the money THAT bad she says. :-p? I have a good original workshop manual in my son's hands in California for hi-res scanning. This is all for posting free to the web, unless you want a complete hardcopy. So do I have anything to see on the website? Maybe I'm too perfectionistic, or too slow a typist, or too awkward editing in photos, or assorted technical dificulties, or all the above but what I have got is still on my computer, not the website.? That's why I haven't mentioned it.
With this nudge, I'll make an effort to start uploading to the DMCTech website. I'll notify my fellow DML'ers as I do, for the sake of anyone not on the DMCTech site email notification list.? Look for completed articles at DMCTech under "FILES" not messages.

Wayne A. Ernst
vin 11174
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCTech/

-