From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John M
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:48 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] High !dle 3000 RPM!

Chris-This may not be true.

I had a high idle problem after I changed my clutch and bled the
slave. I found a great step by step troubleshooting guide for a
high idle problem. When I unplugged my ECU the idle returned to
normal. I thought I too found the problem so I called Rob and was
ready to order a new ECU. Rob Grady, as always, came through for
me. I tested my thermister, by taking an ohm meter and checking, if
memory serves me correctly pin numbers 9 & 11 on the ECU plug. It
showed an open circuit, BINGO. What I had done was bump the
thermister plug loose when bleeding the slave. I reached my hand in
between the intake (Valley of death) and pushed on the thermister
plug. It fixed the problem. When you unplug the ECU I guess it
bypasses the thermister so you can't really tell what is not working
unless you ohm the pins. Before you do this, check to make sure
your idle motor vibrates with the key on(but car not running). Many
of the idle system components are inter linked and need to be
systematically checked one by one. Once one checks OK, go to the
next one, If they all check out, then it may be time to replace the
ECU. I started with making sure my throttle plates were closed and
systematically checked out each component. Good luck and feel free
to contact me off line

P.S (Rob I owe you a few drinks at DCS-Thanks again for the TECH
support)

John
3760

<*> Your email settings: