[DML] Re: Wheel offset numbers

I have replied to questions from Farrar (Re: [DML] all this tire
stuff brings me to ask a question).
You may want to look at that, saves me a lot of blue fingers :)

I definitely will be at DCS and have asked for time to explain the
project and answer to questions asked. Let's see if I get the chance.

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thefrewe" <terryfrewen@...> wrote:

> What kind of issues do you think you might have if you went with a
> 15" front rim and 16" or 17" rear rim (same width and offset) and
the
> same size (outside diameter) tire?  This would give a lower profile
> tire, better cornering and I would think a little more modern
look?
> Anyone know what the tire size would if front was 15" ID and rear
was
> 17" ID?
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@> wrote:
> >
> > All the major info can be found in the shop manual.
> > Front wheels: 14"x 6"
> > Rear wheels: 15"x 8"
> > Bolt pattern: 4 x 100mm
> > Front wheel offset: 35mm; backspace 124mm; outside width 178mm
> > Rear wheel offset: 19mm; backspace 133 mm; outside width 229mm.
> > Rear wheels have a 3 mm spacer.
> >
> > Is this sufficiently?
> >
> > Welmoed.
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dan Rosenstein <danrose@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you know the offsets, can we get them posted?

On
> > Behalf Of welmoedj
> > > Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 12:53 AM
> > > To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Subject: [DML] Re: Wheel offset numbers
> > >

> > > Hi Knud,
> > >
> > > I may be talking ahead of my actual timeline.
> > > Since you mention you want/need to replace your wheels, you
would
> > > perfectly fit into the project "DeLorean Custom Wheels" I am
> working
> > > on now.
> > >
> > > Since I may have the opportunity to visit DCS, I was going to
tell
> > > about that project during the DCS event.
> > > If you can manage to wait till after DCS, please do so.
> > >
> > > Do you want to now more about the project before that show,
send
> me
> > > private mail.
> > >
> > > Welmoed.