[DML] Re: all this tire stuff brings me to ask a question.

[DML] Re: all this tire stuff brings me to ask a question.

You must be extremely careful if you are considering changing the size
of the tires. You MUST make sure you will have the clearance required
at all positions of the suspension. Harder to do if the car is
lowered. It will also affect how the car handles, accelerates, and for
the front you will mess up the speedometer calibration. You will have
a hard time finding rims that will work, not many stock choices. You
might have to have something made up custom to work.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> Okay, thanks for the explanation. I don't drive my D like a
> "performance" car (reference: Type 4141 Renault transmission), but it
> would be interesting to see if larger wheels made it easier for me to
> find matching tires! ;-D
>
> Cheers,
> Farrar Hudkins
> #2613 (auto)
>
> welmoedj wrote:
> >

> > To keep it simple: The grip on the road is also determined by the
> > height of the side (wall) of the tyre.
> > The shorter thew distance between wheel and road the stiffer the ride,
> > but since there is (almost) no side drag you seem to be glued to the
> > road.
> > Flatter tyres (not by puncture :) ) also get better grip during
> > acceleration. The dyno meter can proove that.
> >
> > And.... if not too flat, it looks very good on a D too. Consider 2"
> > larger wheels is about two fingers lesser high tyre.
> >
> > Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: