[DML] Re: What to do with flaked epoxy in concealed areas of frame?

[DML] Re: What to do with flaked epoxy in concealed areas of frame?

DO NOT USE undercoating in a can stuff....in the cavities!!!...most
will EAT the epoxy and truly expose the bare metal frame to rust,and
some will actually TRAP moisture UNDER the undercoating..it will look
like a good application of undercoating,but within a short time it
will start rusting away the frame under it and you will NEVER see the
rust until the frame rusts thru,by then it will be too late!! Test
the undercoating in a small area FIRST to see if it will eat or
effect the epoxy coating,leave it there for a couple weeks if it ate
the epoxy or you take the undercoating off the test area and you see
surface rust do not use it anywhere on the frame.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Some ways to protect those difficult to access areas include:
>
> Getting a spray can of undercoating (the kind with a piece of hose
> attached to the nozzle) and shooting blindly
>

> None of these procedures are easy, clean, or foolproof. Take your
pick
> or invent a new one! BTW many times you really cannot see how bad it
> really is. Once you get started it becomes painfully obvious it is
not
> just some surface rust! If it IS just surface rust I would not get
too
> worried over it.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757