Re: [DML] Re: DMC(of Texas) remanufactured Delorean on Ebay

Re: [DML] Re: DMC(of Texas) remanufactured Delorean on Ebay

Personally I just plain love my D. I didnt buy mine as an investment I got
mine for me to enjoy and 'live the dream'. I will most likely always have my
D even if the price drops to the cost of an empty soda can or soars up to
the cost of a new Rolls Royce.

Dave

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM, gullwingmag <
gullwing-magazine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, "cbl1739"
> <cbl302@...> wrote:
> > Unless DMC of texas new Delorean is a smash success,I can only see it
> > as bringing DOWN the price of normal Deloreans.(If it bombs out)Only
> > time will tell.
> >

> I dont see it that way at all!
>
> First of all, ebay is the place where most buyers are looking for a
> deal, not an investment. Im sure some people buy some items as
> investments using ebay, but in general its people looking for a deal.
>
> So lets say DMCH does not sell as many "new" D's as they hope... that
> won't drive the price down of the D's in the market... actually, for
> the smart seller, it now becomes a tool for negotiating a higher price
> on an "original" manufacture D. If I was a seller I would be asking
> the potential buyer this question..."Do you want to spend 60K on a
> brand new D, or buy a nice used D for half the price... keep in mind
> that the new one is going to drop in value just like any new car" Of
> course the key here is a "nice" used one. This senario will never
> drive up the price of a POS D!
>
> Now lets say DMCH is succesful with the sales of the "new" D. Well
> that's a no brainer... it will drive up the price of available "nice"
> used D's.
>
> Unless you are buying Proto 1, 501, 502, or Dan D. amazing Concours
> car, don't think of this as an investment and don't worry about what
> the success of the new D is. Drive it, enjoy it, live the dream!!
>
> Ron
> Screamin Yellow D

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional