[DML] Re: DMC(of Texas) remanufactured Delorean on Ebay

[DML] Re: DMC(of Texas) remanufactured Delorean on Ebay

I don't understand the logic behind this analysis, isn't that true
of any car???  I would think if you buy a new car today, and try to
sell it in two years, the price will be down by 35%.  If you buy a
$30,000 Toyota and sell it in two years, wouldn't it sell for the
low 20's?  I'm not sure the point of the post.  And regarding future
prices, that's pure supply and demand.  The supply is for all
practical purposes fixed (the few that are produced won't make a
difference).  So anything which peeks interest in the car will only
increase the demand, hence an increase in price.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@...> wrote:

> I DON'T know how DMC of Texas is going to sell "new" Deloreans if
> their full frame-off remanufactured De Loreans(with lots of extras)
> Can't even get a bid at 30K,how will they be able to sell a
Delorean
> for more than TWICE what this one is selling for...see:
>
> remanufactured De Lorean Item number: 320241406061 on Ebay.After
two
> years sticker price drops 20K(or possiblly more?) it is selling at
> appox.35% loss.
>
> Have they EVEN started on DMC car production number one yet?
>
> Hopefully it is not going to end up with what happened when DMC of
> Texas had SSI reprinted it brought down the prices on
the "orignals"

> If you get enough used "new" Deloreans on the used car market that
> wind up selling for 40K(or below)....WHERE WILL THAT PUT DMC of
Texas
> rebuilt Deloreans and regular owner rebuilt Deloreans.Where will
that
> put your regular mill used Deloreans selling price.
>
> Unless DMC of texas new Delorean is a smash success,I can only see
it
> as bringing DOWN the price of normal Deloreans.(If it bombs out)
Only
> time will tell.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional