[DML] Houston 150 alternator

[moderator's note - Please remember to keep discussions civil and respectful.  There does not appear to be any emperical evidence of 'copying' other than a similar amp rating.  Any questions regarding service or warranty are best made directly to the vendor.]

Well,
They finally did it. I have often wondered how long it would take
Houston to copy my alternators and the finally did it. It would be
nice if they could develop something that worked on their own but I
guess they are better copying or buying someones elses design.
Future customers, Beware of there 150, I sell about 4 or 5 of the
D150's a year because they are so application sensative. High rated
amp alternators may not be what you think you want. So if you don't
know what your buying then you better beware. For you foreign
customers you better make sure you can get parts and service over
there.
I want to go on file now that these are cheap copies of the D'series
alternators that Specialtauto builds and I am not supplying them nor
do I stand behind them for parts and service as I do mine.
We build our alternators right here in Dallas and I personally back
them with parts and labor stocked here in Dallas. You get what you
pay for and the D110, 130's 140's and 150's have been the design of
Specialtauto and Delorean Auto Parts in Dallas for 5 years. With over
400 sold we have proven ouerselves in quality and service.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com
www.deloreanautoparts.com

<*> Your email settings: