[DML] Re: New Gas Blends and older cars

Vapor lock has ALWAYS and will continue to be a problem on cars that
have the fuel pump on the motor and have to pull a vacuum all the way
back to the tank to get the fuel. It will be even more of a problem as
gasoline gets mixed with more and more additives. I was not refering
to any cars that have a transfer pump in the tank to push the fuel
under pressure to the motor. In fact I did mention that Deloreans do
not have such a problem and even a Delorean with a carbureator should
not as long as you use a pump in the tank to get the fuel to the
carbureator. The problem with carbureation is it's inherent lack of
adjustablity and controlability especially with today's need for
effiecancy and air quality standards. It is old technology and is a
step backwards to convert a fuel injected car to carbureation. Kind of
like sticking film into a digital camera IMHO.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Vapor lock has not been a problem for a half century. Dual diaphragm
> fuel pumps introduced in the 1960's eliminated the last vestiges of it.
>
> Of course the likes of Lou Costa, Kyle Franklin, and myself have
> absolutely no problems because our fuel pumps are located in the tank
> (electric). Vapor lock was a suction problem, not a pushing problem.
> That's why I roll my eyes every time a K-Jet owner claims his car is
> vapor locked. If us carbureted owners can push air out of the way with
> 4-6 PSI, a K-Jet owner is certainly able to do so with 75-80 PSI.
>
> Think of it this way: Our fuel system is no different in principle
> than household plumbing. When was the last time anyone shut the water
> off for a repair, then couldn't get a faucet to work later because air
> had been introduced into the system? Water pressure forces the air

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)