[DML] Re: How long have you been stuck in a traffic jam?

[DML] Re: How long have you been stuck in a traffic jam?

I lived in downtown Charlotte (translation, the HUMID South) for years
with my DeLorean, and would get stuck in traffic regularly for an hour
plus. My car always ran very cool because had a new radiator with
brass side rails, fanzilla, new silicon coolant hoses, new water pump,
continuous bleeder, stainless coolant bottle, etc. If your electric
and cooling systems are up to date you should be fine. A properly
serviced and updated DeLorean actually runs cooler than most cars.
Honestly I worried more about frying my clutch out prematurely in stop
and go traffic than anything. If you don't have the continuous bleeder
for your DeLorean, that's the first step I'd take if you are concerned
about overheating.

Louie Golden
Past owner of VINs 10115 and 5252

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John" <jdm5@...> wrote:

> My biggest fear when traveling is getting suck in a traffic jam and
the
> vehicle overheating. How possible is this if the fans are working
> properly and the coolant is fresh, but it may be over an hour in
> crawling traffic? Will the constantly running fans do any electrical
> overload damage? Would lifting the rear window louver improve air
flow?

> john

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional