From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rodrael1
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:24 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Help?! Please? Fuel system problem.

Hey guys:

Ok here is the story..   two weeks ago I was heading home from work,
car dies out at intersection, fortunately several guys stop to help
me push car to side of road.   I call AAA, at home I find fuel pump
is not working at all, I disconnect fuel pump lines, take pump out
connect it to battery, it works fine.   I then find the electrical
problem with my fuel pump relay, it is not getting current, I find
the short, fix the bad connection, viola!,, fuel pump works,   I
reconnect the fuel lines to the pump, but car doesn't start, I try
several times, then I realize that I stupidly connected the lines
backwards, the return line to the fuel pump output.   OK so I reverse
the connections, and car starts right up....    BUT... I now have the
infamious hot start problem, I figured maybe I screwed up the
accumulator, so I have an extra one around so I swap it out, still
same problem, I check fuel lines at the pump, nice and tight, no fuel
seepage out to loose pressure, ...

I am at wits end....   car starts cold, car starts if you rapidly
stop then start, but not if you let it sit 15 minutes or so..

Any Ideas?

THanks,

Rodney
3300, 10544