From: "Elvis" <elvisnocita@xxxxxx>

Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:52:53
To:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Dead battery fix  was:Lauren's Car

Why not start with the real problem ? current drain !

Reducing standby-current is done very quickly and cheap on
a stock Delorean. I proved that 6-7 years ago, but never got
rich with that :-(

Remember the door lock module that sucks 13mA just to check
the door switches ? reduce it to 1mA and it will help a lot !
(see the thech section of the DMCNEWS)

Cars with newer radios, amplifiers and alarm-systems of course
draw more. But a stock Delo should keep the battery much longer
charged if you modify or disconnect the door lock ECU.

Hey Lauren - I can modify that for you if you come to
Gettysburg :-)

Elvis & 6548

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: