[DML] Re: On the autobahn

Well - we're not allowed to drive lawnmowers on the autobahn... :-)

But as my car hits the 200kph (4700rpm in fifth gear) on flat
road and also pushed it up to >220kph downhill I guess it is OK
to drive it there :-)

A MUST are the convex mirrors, also my car is lowered and
has Ed Uding's adjustable shocks installed. When I bought it
in 2001 handling was quite a bit different to what i was used
to. But I think it is pretty comfortable and fun to drive, even
on long distances.
What is not so cool is to drive it in cities over here, as the
streets and parking lots are not as wide as in the US.

I remember handling was a bist strange but improved a lot after
I replaced the lower ball-joints.
Driving it on wet roads is no fun with the engine in the rear,
driving it on snow or ice is hell !!!!!

People take their cellphones and take pictures regularely
or ask stupid stuff as you all know from your own experience.
Drug comments are very rare.
People often ask me if I built this car myself...where did I
find it...where's the flux...(it is behind the seats)..weher to find
parts...and after I opened the doors by remote they want me to close
them by remote, too...everybody knows something about the car, of
course better than the owner who has had the car for 7 years now...
they don't like to hear that it has only 132hp and drinks only
10-11 liters/100km...they expect to hear a 5 liter V8...most
women don't like it - I guess because it has no paint...

Once the cops followed me to the parking lot at work...to take
pictures :-)

And what made me smile most lately was - turning the key and
having it started within less than 2 seconds of cranking after 4
months of storage. Pretty cool for a lawnmower :-)

Elvis & 6548

> This question is primarily directed towards our European owners:
>
> Has anyone driven their DeLorean on the autobahn? Would you
describe
> the experience? Top speed? How did the car handle? Any comments
from
> other drivers at times when you pulled off of the road for rest or
> fuel?
>
> Please keep it on topic. I'm not asking about anyone's
grandmother's
> cousin's friend who drove their BMW or their Opel GT or their Vespa
> scooter....
>
> Just first-hand DMC-12 experiences please and thanks.
>
> Rich

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: