From: LJScarlet2 <ljscarlet2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 9:31:33 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] Lauren R. makes the NY Times!

Guys,

I must have mentioned the DMA 37 times during my interview. I also
told him that Marc rescued me on the Jersey turnpike and how great
DMA members are. Unfortunately, that stuff doesn't make for as
interesting reading. I had no control over what they would take
from my 5+ hours of interviewing. I had to fight to just get a
decent picture of myself.

Also, my car did stall the day I bought it. And, it stalled right
before the interview and DURING the interview. It was very
embarasssing. And, it wouldn't even start before the audio
interview. A team of guys from my garage had to jump start it. My
car is basically falling apart. Believe me, the NYTimes was very
kind in its article. It could have been much worse.

The part I was disappointed in was that they didn't capture me
getting pulled over during the interview! The cop turned on the
lights and made me cross two lanes of traffic on 8th Avenue--very
dangerous! And, when I asked him what I did wrong, he
said "Nothing, I just wanted to tell you you have a cool car! Can I
take a picture??" Now THAT would have been a good story!

DELAUREN

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: