RE: [DML] Need spare tire

Under the catagory of "other suggestions"...

Two options here:

First you need to get a compact spare.

Then you put fresh rubber on it because a 25 year old spare is 25 years
old.  Its useless if you can't count on it.

Then you lug it around in the trunk, sapping your MPG, until you car
suddenly has to go to the side of the road.

Maybe its raining.  Probably its dark.

Do you have your Jack?  Lug wrench?  Wheel Lock key?

Are you on level, solid ground?

Are any of the lugnuts over tightened or damaged?

Got a flashlight?

Flares?

Geee, those are nice pants you are wearing...  Maybe you should take
them off and work in your boxers...

Willing to put that tiny donut on the rear and drive in the rain?

Wait - you didn't pull over because of a flat - you stopped because your
engine died or you clutch line burst or your brakes are funky or....
Now you have to call for a tow truck.  Hope they send you a flatbed...

Or - B:

Get AAA Plus level towing service that covers you, your spouse, your
kids, all your cars, any car you are riding in, the car of the hot chick
stuck on the side of the road, and guarantees you a flatbed with up to
100 miles towing up to 4 times a year, per cardholder, and don't worry
about the spare.  Take it home and worry about it later, or have them
tow it to the nearest decent tire shop (or any tire shop within 99.9
miles).  Get fed up and have them dump it on your mother-in-laws front
lawn...

I don't work for AAA - I just own a car (two now) that makes having the
service a no-brainer.

When I'm too lazy to personally drive may car all the way down to my
local DMC shop, nearly 2 hours away in rush hour...  and then find a way
home again,  I call for a truck to take it down for me - free.

No D owner (in the US) should be without it...