RE: [DML] Re: rusty DMC dual exhaust

Delorean Europe will have one soon.

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Shannon Yocom
Sent: Wed 3/26/2008 1:20 PM
To: DMC - DML News Post'n
Subject: [DML] Re: rusty DMC dual exhaust

That would be great if DMCH made an all stainless exhaust! I hope the decision
not to has changed.

But according to James in this thread ( http://tinyurl.com/24mlyd ) on
DMCTalk.com (Specifically post #49 here: http://tinyurl.com/26rp2y and #50 here:
http://tinyurl.com/ys2anv ) he said, in so many words, that they are not going to
be making it in all stainless.

-- quote: me --
- And even further off topic...
- Any future possibility of your exhaust system being made of stainless?
-
- Shannon
-- end quote: me --

-- quote: James --
- Sure - wouldn't that be ideal? Other than the discoloration problem
- and the higher cost of materials, I see no reason why not to do it this way.
- It's already a limited market product, so adding this expense doesn't, on the
- surface, seem like a viable alternative however.
-
- James
-- end quote: James --

Shannon Y

1b. Re: rusty DMC dual exhaust
    Posted by: "DMCVIN6683" dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx snextime
    Date: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:38 am ((PDT))

It isnt DMCH's coating that is the problem, it is how the exhaust is
laid out. The Converters hang low and are behind the tires and get a
constant spray of any debris on the road.

When I sold my car everything was perfect except the areas that would
get sprayed with road debris.

It was like sandblasting the coating away as you were driving.

Really it is a shame that DMCH hasnt commented lately on this new
issue. It is also a shame the owners have to remove this exhaust that
was originally a pain to install in the first place. The owners
should almost be compensated to send their exhaust in to get recoated.

For myself it was a poor design flaw on DMCH on how they laid the
exhaust route out.

Now we all know why DMCH discontinued selling this exhaust unless you
were getting a Stage II engine.

Last I heard they were going stainless and would be offering a
discounted upgrade to original Stage I exhaust owners.

Mark V

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: