Re: [DML] Re: PS on spa

Thanks, Welmoed. I had my tongue in my cheek anyway. No one speaks
REAL French in New Orleans. ;)

On a different note: my little D is now running very smoothly --
thanks to the combined efforts of Jeff Friday, Louie Golden, and Bill
Robertson, and Eric whose last name I can't remember on only one cup
of coffee (VIN 1776). When my fuel distributor was replaced just
before I bought the car, someone had left the old O-ring under it and
simply torqued the hell out of the screws that hold the distributor on
-- bad form! It took half an hour and an impact wrench to get out the
third screw, and the O-ring was as flat as a piece of rice paper! We
found an O-ring at the local Advance Auto Parts -- an O-ring which was
slightly too thick, but adjusting the air/fuel mixture made up the
difference. The car idles now at roughly 900rpm in gear or out of it
(giving the benefit of the doubt to my nervous tachometer), and is
MUCH quieter (in spite of the dual exhaust)! I look forward to my gas
mileage on the way back home (a 741-mile trip in case anyone was
wondering). When I get there I have John Hervey's custom-cut MSD plug
wires, and new spark plugs and ignition coil waiting for me. (And a
spare alternator... heh.)

In other news, my car rides much too low in the front for my taste
(and driving habits). According to the good folks in NC, it's been
lowered by four inches. (*$%^%!!) I'd like to raise the front by two
inches. The springs are in great shape -- they're shiny black and you
can still see the white part numbers painted on them -- but I just
don't care for them. Would anyone like to swap springs with me at
Gettysburg? :-)

Farrar Hudkins
#2613 (auto)

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:01 PM, welmoedj <joe.dalton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Farrar,
>
>  La Petite is concerning a female, Le Petit is concerning a male.
>  Usually in reference with a child, but also could refer to girl-
>  friend etc.
>
>  Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional