[DML] Re: Troubleshoot power windows

Steven,

the dimming light already tells a lot.
I would suggest to take off the door covers and
to uninstall the window drives.
When I bought mine, one window was also stuck open,
but I could reactivate it by lubing it and connecting
it directly to a battery. While pushing and pulling
(also swap the poles) it in and out the old lubricant
started to get soft (WD40 is a great solvent ) and it
is working since then.

The gears may also be shot, but I would give it a try
before buying new ones.

Have fun and no finger bleeds... :-)

Elvis & 6548

> Neither of my power windows work.  When I hit the switch my lights
> dim a bit, so I think that tells me that the switches are working.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)