Re: [DML] Re: check your trailing arm bolts, people...

Re: [DML] Re: check your trailing arm bolts, people...

Toby,

  I have already purchased a set of your Toby Tabs a few weeks ago, and you have my vote to continue to have them made. I know I want to be able to purchase another set when ever I get another DeLorean. I think this is a product that should be updated on all DeLoreans (without the SS frame) as a safety factor and preventive maintenance. Thanks for the great product and all the other products you have at DPNW.

  Sean Lowe

Toby Peterson <Toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Sean - That looks to be the worst one that I have seen (personally or
in a photo) with the exception of the one that broke in two on my car.
This was the incident that got me fired up about the trailing arm
bolts. Now that I have a full service shop, we see a lot of trailing
arm bolts that are damaged in some way - bent, corroded, worn shank,
seized bushings, etc. I took a poll on the DML a number of years ago
regarding the "state of the fleet" - 30% had an issue of some kind with
the bolts, 30% had looked and had not seen a problem to date, and the
remaining portion of responding owners asked "What is a trailing arm
bolt?". That last group really bothers me. Status Update - DeLorean
Parts Northwest is down to a mere handful of TOBY-Tab's from that third
batch. My contact in the industry retired, so we are wondering whether
there is enough current and future demand to warrant seeking another
source for another batch. Input from the community would be
appreciated.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Motor Company - Northwest
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Sean" <sweitzel@...> wrote:

> I was reading an unrelated auto enthusiast forum that had a D owner
> documenting his frame restoration. Anyway, he posted a photo of one of
> his trailing arm bolts. Apparently he had been driving like this for
> some time. I uploaded the picture to the photos under my previous
> album "take apart automatic trans alternator"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)