From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dadoc2791
Sent: Fri 2/29/2008 7:41 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Fuel Pump "Buzz"

The other day I noticed that my fuel pump has begun making noise - a
Buzzing sound, about 3-5 times as loud as it normally does when
running.  I found today that when cold, it's completely quiet.  After
being driven about 1-1½ hours, it begins getting louder.  The engine
runs perfectly at any speed so I know the pump is delivering ample fuel
and pressure but I'm concerned about it.  I've ordered a new pump from
John Hervey and figure I'll keep this one as back-stock, in case it's
needed in a hurry at some later date.

Any ideas on what might cause this added noise to a pump that otherwise
seems to be operating perfectly?

Craig Werner
07181

<*> Your email settings: