[DML] New is Not Always Better

As long time readers know, I ordered the new headlight switch from
DMCH a couple of years ago and recently recieved it in the mail. I
have now installed it following all of the instructions and checking
the wiring over and over again. It is installed perfectly, despite a
few problems with crimping the connectors on the wires.

My problem is with the switch itself, the old switch you pushed and
it would hold in the park light position, push again and it would
fire up the headlights. Keep in mind I only bought this new switch to
help fill the quota needed to put them into production as my switch
is fine except for a bit of wear on the face. I should have simply
swapped faces and saved the aggrivation.

This new switch won't hold in either the park or all the way on
positions. I can tell when it changes because in the off(??) position
the center console lights are off. However, the headlights never go
out. I did not use the orange auto-on/off functionality as directed.

This really flabergasts me! My old switch has hundreds of cycles on
it and still works fine, while this new switch has maybe one cycle
and it is already toast. Since the two switches are not
interchangable due to wiring differences I have no choice but to
request a new switch.

I am not meaning to openly critise DMCH but the quality of this part
is certainly suspect, then again maybe I got the one bad part in
1,000?

**Anyone need a good used original headlight switch? Make me an
offer, I'll throw in the plug from the harness.

Dan Haney
Vin 03254

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional