Re: [DML] Ebay Delorean

Basically he was trying to get me to buy it for 6K,since I no longer
have my huge stash of DMC parts anymore,for me it will cost huge
bucks to get running to even pass any state inspection(or at least to
a safety stand point).From his attitude he just wants to unload it
(for as much as possible)Granted this will be a great car to
repair...BUT ONLY if you ALREADY have the frame and parts needed to
fix it the RIGHT WAY.If you will be searching for the parts to repair
it..in the long run YOU WILL spend A LOT more than if you went out
and bought a Delorean with a good frame that needs minor repairs.My
advice stay away from this one UNLESS you either have the Garage
space for long term restore.. parts needed already purchased(or get
them a very reasonable rate),and knowledge into the workings of a
Delorean,or at least a friend that will guide you in the correct
procedures into getting this Delorean in good(and safe) working
order.BUT PLEASE..do everyone a favor and DO NOT PART IT...(to
whoever ends up buying it)
Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Justin Drexler <justindrexler@...>
wrote:

> thanks for this.
>
> how did the seller seeem to you? other people who've
> contacted him say that he was a bit of an ass and
> didn't seem that interested in selling the car or
> making arrangements to view the car...
>
> Justin.
>
> --- cbl1739 <cbl302@...> wrote:
>
> > For the people that are interested in the Delorean
> > on Ebay Item number:
> > 220200414628,I talked to the owner,the reason the
> > rear wheel is bent
> > inwards is that it has rusted out back there,usually
> > if there is enough
> > rust on a Delorean frame to cause catastrophic
> > suspension collapse,it
> > usually indicated a major rust riddled frame..so as
> > a precaution to
> > anyone who wishes to peruse this Delorean,please be
> > aware that you will
> > most likely have to either do some major Rust frame
> > repairs or a Frame
> > replacement..also this car has not run for at least
> > 3-4 years and will
> > at the minimum need a full rehab on the fuel system.
> > The good news is I was told all the Stainless panels
> > are in good shape
> > and only the seats need to be redone.I was told the
> > dash was
> > uncracked.Owner says it has a clean title.
> > Please be aware...This is Basically a Major Project
> > car do not expect
> > to be driving it for quite a while(6 months to
> > infinity)
> >
> > Claude

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional