[DML] Re: Warm Start Issue

It's caled a "Thermal Time switch" because it works against
temperature AND time. When you run the starter motor power from the
accessory terminal goes to the TTS. If it is cold enough the TTS will
ground the circuit activating the cold start valve. The TTS also is
time sensitive. There is an element inside that heats up during
operation and after a certain period of time will deactivate the CSV
so you can't flood the motor during excessive cranking. This is all in
the Workshop Manual, see D:01:10. The CSV can ONLY operate during
cranking except if you do the plug swap. If you DO do the plug swap
you MUST quickly remove the plug from the CSV once the motor starts or
you will flood it. BTW make DAMM sure there is NOTHING plugged in the
hot start relay plug near the fuse block. If there is then the CSV
could be energized at times other than cranking and that is not good.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> No, The cold start and TTS work from the accessory terminal on the
starter
> solenoid, so when you stop cranking the voltage is gone and the cold
start
> CSV stop spraying fuel.
> John
>
>  -