[DML] Did costs go up for Gettysburg.

<<<Ken
Is it me or  did the prices rise a lot since  Chicago?

Roy >>>>>>

Its you
The prices are basically the same but I added the stuff you usually have to
pay for at the show on line and added a bus tour so you have a lot more things
 to do and hopefully better cash flow at the show.
The meal cost and such is the same
I think it was $160 for the three days events in Chicago and $25
Registration (includes car registration)
This year its $170 so it went up $10 in two years but the registration for
the second person went down so the net difference is $5 for the events from
Chicago to Gettysburg as most people came in pairs.  Considering inflation  not
bad. We rose $10 over Pigeon Forge and are actually below Memphis prices  from
2002.

We added the bus tour which is optional for $20 and if you took the same
tour in Gettysburg it will be $25.95 plus tax and you would not get the last
hour to browse the museum and military historical cemetery.

We allow you to pay for the photos ahead of time instead of after the show
and already we have more people buying them than bought them at the shows.

Also we are selling raffle tickets on the same form as the registration and
that has increased sales.

Costs do go up over the years but the DCS has held the prices as low  as we
can
Many catered dinners now cost $35 -$45 per plate plus 22% gratuity  and 7-9%
tax resulting in and end cost of $45 -$55 per plate. I do  work to get you the
best pricing and I pay a lot less for dinners  by working a competitive bid
just ask Brandon.  Add back in  Convention Space and The cost of the special
guests, The museum  is very expensive to put together and if you want to see it
someone has to cover  the cost. Plus we have entertainment like the Steel Drum
Band, and the DJ  all the video and audio and you can get up there quickly.

I can safely say that no other car show out there can economically compete
with DCS and that is from the hard work of all the non paid staff that
volunteers (hint hint)
Without that you could easily add $30 per person.
We need to thank Stephen and DMC for doing the shows in Houston as they  have
given them up in order to support DCS.  They gave you the shows at a
reasonable price but the costs of the show was not reflected in your ticket  price.
The shows were more technical and I for one enjoyed them.   I hope  he does
more as I enjoy not working at a show. But for now DCS will do the west  and east
shows.

Not trying to sound like I am crying for increases or anything we will
probably be able to do 2010 for about the same price right now.  Vegas  is more
expensive so expect the prices to be higher there but not as high  as other
events have run out there by any means.
It will probably be in the range of Memphis and a few bucks more.

Gettysburg will work out fine.
So far the losses have occurred in Cincinnati, Memphis and Chicago.
Memphis was the toughest financially. Pigeon Forge was the best cost wise
and I really would like to do another there some day.

Because so many are registering this show will be  fine. We should cover
costs and pay for the oops in Chicago, this show and  the deposits needed to do
the next show.  Still need cash for 2010 as  there is none now so we hope Vegas
will go positive although we expect  a mild loss or break even.

I know this is rambling some but I have no problem sharing  the cost of the
shows and at every show if you want to see the books of DCS  they are open to
look at.  This is how I keep myself honest so to speak and  don't go over or
under budget.

If you understand the costs you will see how relatively inexpensive  the show
is vs other events of similar  size and complexity.  We just  did a dinner
and lecture with one speaker and it was $75 per person and I must  say I offer a
lot more than what they did for the cost and the place was not  that special.
You get for the one price the whole days events at the  Hotel/convention
center plus a dinner.

The Thursday event I think will be a big hit as we are allowing you much
more time to socialize with activities and adding a Driving event all at no
extra charge.

One note there are optional attractions at the Eisenhower so if  you  prepay now you will have more money

Thanks
Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional