[DML] Possible Solution To Elvis' eMail Problem (Elvis Nocita)

[DML] Possible Solution To Elvis' eMail Problem (Elvis Nocita)

A possible solution to Elvis' overwhelming DML eMail problem would be
to put the primary intended recipient in the subject line. I'm going
to try that for a while and see if it helps.

Lord knows enough conversations occur off list (not all of them
nice...), but off list conversations:
- Do not benefit lurkers
- Eliminate any social benefit of the list

Regarding the latter:
See for example Message #74046. I also have felt like I already knew
many owners long before meeting them face to face, due to list
interaction. If one purpose of the the DML is to build community
identity, then its social aspect can not be overlooked or eliminated.

But we can help owners sort through the messages.

Regarding a DML Wiki: Remember -- anyone can add to or edit Wiki
entries. You see how much problem we have coming to a consensus in
this forum. Just imagine what a Wiki entry on oil changes would look
like....

Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional