[DML] Recover Seats For Extra Income?

In a fit of industriousness I have torn my little silver car apart to
make several years worth of deferred improvements:
- Recovered headliner (one big piece instead of the OEM two)
- Replaced driver's power window assembly (reactivated OEM passenger side)
- Adjusted latch rods (front lock rod has no turnbuckle -- you have to
rebend it)
- New inner weatherstrip on order
- Replaced various rub and buffer strips inside driver's door panel

The original leather seats are starting to look a tad tired in comparison.

I have read the seat recovering procedure. That is definitely not a
project I am in a hurry to add to all the others on my plate (one of
the Lincolns is still begging for its paint job -- all this work on
the little silver car is making it jealous).

I could buy a pair of OEM's and swap them out
- BUT -
Would anyone like to earn a little $$$ by recovering some decent
cores? Houston's vinyl set would be fine. You can have my seats after
the swap for the next victim (this could become a repetitive business
for anyone masochistic enough to recover the stupid things).

Ideally I would drive to the new seats and swap them out there rather
than monkeying with shipping. My track studs have stainless nuts so
you're only looking at 10-15 minutes for the swap (assuming of course
the recovered seats come with tracks ready to go).

I am in the DC area on a regular basis. I'll be in NJ for DMA's Spring
Social. Of course I'll be at Gettysburg. Even Ohio would be worth a
trip to save myself hassle.

I have recovered two truck benches, the buckets in my AMC, and a
compete Lincoln (front, rear, armrests, headrests, and door panels).
All of them COMBINED were easier than two DeLorean seats. What was
Dunmurry thinking?

Contact me off list if you're interested: brobertson(at)carolina.net

Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: