[DML] Re: Treatment of Newbies (was: Leaving The Group)

[DML] Re: Treatment of Newbies (was: Leaving The Group)

 People...It's your OWN fault and of your own making... that newbies
want the answers pronto..

It never ceases to amaze me but every time someone puts their
Delorean for sale they ALWAYS say how easy it is to get any FREE
advice on repair or services info on the Internet(specifically this
site,but
other sites included)and how people on this site freely and
helpfully are there TO SERVE YOUR EVERY NEED..when it comes to
problems...so yea a newbie comes on this site expecting to get all
their questions answered..basically it is done by the Delorean
sellers(private sellers and also car Dealers and repairers) to help
to boost up the price on their car for sale and to reassure a
potential buyer that they are NOT "alone" when it comes to repair
and services and ownership(and in some cases to unload a problematic
Delorean)..but then it is put on the shoulders of the long term
owners,and enthusiast's to answer all the newbies  questions and
problems.Don't get me wrong...99 9/10 of the people including me
enjoy giving and helping out a fellow newbie(or even a older owner)I
am JUST making a point where the source point basically  starts
from.

The other thing is a newbie does not know how to navigate(or does
not realize) to find the "answers" like a person that has been on
this site for a long time.
Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> I agree that many things repeat. In the summer we get the A/C
> questions. The newbies want to know about the doors and their most
> urgent problems. Many could do more if they read the manual or
tried a
> search. The newer ones just are not aware of what we take for
granted
> as common and usual. Maybe they just need confirmation for what
they
> already know. I post to them because some people just don't ask
and it
> helps to refresh everyone's memory. From time-to-time we come up
with
> newer solutions by reposting old problems. Or at least different
ways
> to see them. How would you feel if you were a newbie, thrilled to
> finally have YOUR Delorean, found a group like this with all of
this
> great technical information, screwed up the courage to post and
then
> gets shot at for not figuring something out on his own! That is NOT
> the way to treat a newbie and I would not want to be treated that
way.
> A short post to offer some help and a mention to get the manuals is
> much better. If someone doesn't like the DML they have the option
of
> leaving. From the beginning participation has and will always be
> purely voluntary. If anyone doesn't get what they are looking for
here
> they are not going to stay. People will come and people will go. As
> for great information there is always dmcnews.com with some great
> write-ups. And all newbies should register on the DoD.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Rydholm" <ebondefender@>
wrote:

> > I think I can agree with the general opinion of everyone else; it
> > makes sense. Though I bought my D in '04, technically I still
consider
> > myself a "noob" (Trust me, I'm no mechanic!) But one of the first
> > things I got with the car WAS the manual set. It's interesting
to read

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: