[DML] Re: Treatment of Newbies (was: Leaving The Group)

[DML] Re: Treatment of Newbies (was: Leaving The Group)

I think I can agree with the general opinion of everyone else; it
makes sense. Though I bought my D in '04, technically I still consider
myself a "noob" (Trust me, I'm no mechanic!) But one of the first
things I got with the car WAS the manual set. It's interesting to read
and it helps a lot, especially if you take the car to a shop. One of
the nice things about talking to everyone in the group is that we all
have this passion for an archaic, stylish, mass-produced-prototype
coupe, and moreso- we have lots of fun. The learning curve may be
steep for some, and perhaps some questions redundant, but in a way it
kind of reinforces that knowledge in those who already know and
teaches people who don't. I can take a good kick in the butt with a
"Study!!" as much as any other 27-year old, haha I'm used to that.

I guess my big problem is I lack the mechanical tools somewhat more
than skills. I really ought to invest in a good arc welder, maybe take
some fabrication classes. I could probably save on the exhaust if I
knew how to do that myself.

But why does my car have to be so darn low!? I can't even get my head
under there sometimes lol

Wishing I had a few grand to blow on a nice vehicle lift,
Johnny
#10715
PS: *I'm* probably never gonna leave the group by the way. You're stuck
with me. I'll be this 88 year old man in the future with the same D
running on it's 4th engine and 6th transmission. :P

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)