[DML] California D Owners - Help With A Film?

[DML] California D Owners - Help With A Film?

Southern California Delorean owners, I need your help on a short not-
for-profit semi-professional video project that I will be working on
in your area in mid-February.  I can't pay anyone, but you will get
to see your car on screen, and to participate in a unique day of
location filming, and be able to obtain a free copy of the video for
yourself when it is done.  I will be asking Ken Koncelik to let me
screen the finished video at the upcoming Delorean Car Show this June
in Gettysburg, and it will also be screened at several sci-fi fantasy
conventions around the world.  It will be a sci-fi/fantasy/time
travel story, set in the world of the long-running BBC-TV
series "Doctor Who", with three of the original professional actors
from the original TV series reprising the roles they played in the
series.  I make one of these films every year as part of a creative
workshop connected to a celebrity/fan vacation cruise that I run for
fans of Doctor Who, and this year I'm am adding a Delorean-themed
twist to the workshop film.  Part of the plot involves the time-
traveling Doctor and his traveling companion visiting 1982 Los
Angeles when they accidentally change history by tipping off John
Delorean to the truth behind the impending covert drug sting that the
government was planning to entrap him with.  They then travel 20
years into the future to find a slightly different 2002 where John &
the car company are a huge success, and with people driving our cars
everywhere.  That's where YOU come into it...  We need to stage
several short "scene establishing" transition shots, which will show
recognizable Hollywood/LA area landmark sites & buildings, with LARGE
numbers of Deloreans mixed into the everyday car traffic passing by,
making it appear that they are EVERYWHERE.  We should be able to pull
off the shots with anywhere between 30 and 50 cars, which we know is
technically achievable, as our friends at DMC California managed to
coordinate about 70 cars to show up for the ride closing ceremony at
Universal Studios last August.  The more cars we can draw, the
better.  We will be planning to do the location filming on Wednesday
13 February, with a backup date of Thursday 14 February in case of
heavy rain, or if additional time is required to complete the
shooting.  These are the only days we will be able to do these
scenes.  It will be coordinated throughout the day for the group of
cars to move across the area from one location to the next as we
finish each shot, and it will be a huge help if you have a cell phone
and/or a FRS two-way radio with you to keep up on timing and cues
(and if you happen to have a GPS unit, that would be nice too.)  If
you do NOT have a Delorean but would still like to help, we will also
need a few additional volunteers to help out in pre-positioning the
cars on the day, and also with advance scouting of the areas around
the locations in the weeks between now and then so we can operate
more smoothly and quickly on the shooting day.  If you'd like to help
out, please e-mail me privately off of this forum at
FloridaDelorean@xxxxxxx (FloridaDelorean AT aol DOT com) and we'll
take it from there.  Thanks in advance for the help that I know I can
count on from many of you.

Cheers - Dan Harris

*****WhoCruiser@xxxxxxx is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser