[DML] Re: Front Strut Bar Question

Rob,

Thank you for your honest input. I am glad that you tried it instead
of staying skeptical. In all honesty and I expalined this before,
when I made my prototype I wasn't sure what to expect. All I knew
was there was the gap between both strut towers and no significant
weight up front (engine) and with the way the front of the
car "floats" in cornering I thought hmmm maybe there is a lot of
unwanted flexing up front.

I made my first bar and thought if it worked great and if it didn't
well atleast I tried. I ended up noticing a very good improvement
and decided to make a bar that would be better for market. I still
wasn't sure what people might think but with every sale came a very
happy customer and here we are today.

Peter Kuchan

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <rob@...> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> I agree with Tom that you should put it on and try it so we could
here your
> opinion. A good customer of mine put one on his car and was
impressed enough
> to have me order a second one for his other DeLorean while it was
in for
> service. Although I was skeptical at first, for the same reasons
as you are,
> on the initial road test it felt like the car had a crisper feel
on initial
> turn-in for a corner and perhaps a flatter stance  (hopefully not
the
> "placebo effect":) although I would need more seat time to very
this and any
> other improvements. One negative is that it interferes with the
trunk carpet
> positioning unless you're willing to drill holes in this currently
> unavailable part. Perhaps my customer (also a DML'er) would want
to comment
> as well as he has both an early and a late VIN DMC with some what
different
> driving characteristics and both cars have the strut bar. My
initial
> impressions were positive.
>

> Rob Grady,
>

>  P.J.Grady Inc.