RE: [DML] Houston Server Down? ("Front Strut Bar" Question)

RE: [DML] Houston Server Down? ("Front Strut Bar" Question)

Tom,

Thanks for your great feedback on the product! I'm glad you are one of the many happy owners of the bar! I just want to be clear on one point:

The bar was conceived of, and developed first by my son Peter, and then improved and refined by the two of us. Marty, who Peter and I know very well, and respect for all of the many, many, many innovative contributions he has made to the improvement of our cars, saw Peter's product installed in Peter's car. Peter let Marty drive his car and Marty was very impressed by the effect of the shock tower bar, but to be clear, this product was developed completely independently.

Best regards,
Joe

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: TTait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:28:28 -0800Subject: RE: [DML] Houston Server Down? ("Front Strut Bar" Question)

They are probably not on the Houston server as they are likely not anofficial Houston product. Many of the DMC centers had their ownproducts back when they were independent dealers. Toby has a lot ofelectrically oriented stuff. Ed Uding has suspension parts. Don hashis cams and speaker pods and such. Dave has the strut bar.I believe this version of the strut bar started as Marty Maier from St.Louis built and developed a prototype one for his car. Then Joe andPeter Kuchan simplified the design and made them a viable bolt-onproduct. About a year ago(?) Dave at DMCMW started selling the Kuchanproduct. (I apologize in advance if I have over simplified thedevelopment of this product and missed someone.)I have one installed and I think they are a fantastic upgrade for theprice. What it does is it basically ties the top end of the shockabsorbers together so they can't wiggle and sway relative to each other.They still work as shock absorbers, totally independently, but theshocks themselves don't lean any more.They make steering at low speed a bit easier, decrease or eliminate bumpsteer (where the wheel pulls to left or right when you hit a pothole)and generally help cornering.Basic installation takes about 10 minutes - it should still come withgood instructions. There is no drilling or other permanent modificationto the car. Once installed however you will have a bar about thediameter of a broomstick in your front trunk over the spare tire bay.You can lay the carpet over it but it will not sit flat. You can alsocut some slits in your carpet cover and fit it under the bar, but thatwill require that you remove the bar to access the spare.If you go to Gettysburg you will find a number of cars with this producton them. I first saw them in Chicago and decided to get mine.________________________________From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On BehalfOf content22207Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:33 PMTo: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [DML] Houston Server Down? ("Front Strut Bar" Question)I've been corresponding with an owner Re: a DMCMW product known as the"front strut bar". This is not a sway bar, but some aftermarketdevelopment that attaches to the front body bolts. I've never heard ofsuch, thus tried to surf to the DMCMW website to check it out.Apparently DMCMW uses the DMCH server, which I haven't been able toaccess for some time now. Back then, I thought the problem might be myantiquated browsers. Just downloaded the latest versions of three(Netscape, Mozilla, and -- ugh -- IE) and still can't bring it up.Does anyone know what's going on in Houston?ORDoes anyone have info and/or pics of DMCMW's "front strut bar"? I amcurious about what it is.Bill Robertson#5939[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)