Re: [DML] Re: DMC Car Show Gettysburg: Hotel Booked?

Re: [DML] Re: DMC Car Show Gettysburg: Hotel Booked?

The question of registering later and what may happen is basically looking
to be a new challenge for us.
We are thinking that if the rooms are gone by May 1st deadline as it is
expected to be based on the few rooms left, If you have a room booked or live
within driving distance and do not need a room we can take those in the late
registration.
This show will sell out and once the hotel is full we will determine based
on the rate of registrations coming in when to stop registration.  There  are
some DeLorean owners that have booked in with the Bricklin group so we need  to
sort that out as well.
New challenges but the growth of the show this year is phenomenal and we  are
still evaluating how to handle the large amount of people.
We first looked at 700 to be the max.  From the rooms sold we are over  that
and will probably look to end registrations at 800 people. Plus the  Bricklin
people will get us close to 1000.
The advantage is I get a lot of help from the Bricklin organizers and that
helps me manage this better than on my own so we will be able to maximize the
facility the best we can.
These are the problems with a show you would like to have more often  :-)
Again this is your show and you are doing great.  But don't wait until  the
last minute this show that will not work.  We will have a cut off at  some
point and after that we will do no more and that will eliminate open
registrations at the show and cut down a lot on volunteer time and that will  help a lot
on Thursday.

SMOKING ROOMS
I also talked to the Hotel and they indicated that most rooms are not the
typical smokey rooms since they book out during the summer and most people now
are not smokers so the rooms are not that bad and in addition they keep the
rooms from getting too bad by using and rotating de ionizers in the rooms that
have been smoked in and they can also air the rooms out before you check in
and  you can ask to have a smoking room aired out before you arrive.

Not to say that it is not possible to have some smoke in the room but I had
a smoking room the last time I was there and I am not a smoker and I could not
 detect the typical smoking room.  So there are things to do to minimize
that.  She also said that smokers in the room are now much rarer and just
because a room is a smoking room does not mean that it has been recently smoked  in.

Again as some of you have said in previous e-mails if you want to get what
you want register early.  I base this show on early registrations and have
preached it to you for years and those that do get the so to say cream of the
crop and those that do not don't.  There is only one hotel within 4 miles I
believe that is comparable and that is the one the Bricklin people have.   The
Eisenhower still has rooms left so if you want to come and stay at the
Eisenhower you still can.  Also many of these smoking rooms are around the  pool so
that is not too bad as it is. Pool rooms non smoking went first.

Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: