Re: [DML] Electric DeLorean Update: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Re: [DML] Electric DeLorean Update: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I have had my gearshift break off as well in the exact same spot. I was
accellerating on the highway and shifted into fourth when the lever suddenly
just laid flat on the console. Kind of shocking really. Fortunately I could
drive and stop at a parking lot, place the lever back in the hole, and only
use forward gears home.

I had it welded together but this didn't last long. It was too loose after
welding and the roll pin for reverse would eventually work it's way out,
hindering my shifting intentions. I suppose it can be repaired but just make
sure you weld it so that roll pin cannot move on it's own. I ended up buying
a used shifter on ebay.

Payne

> The BAD: On the way yo the tire store we stopped at Tom's house to make
> sure
> everything was still working and to check out his new 4 post lift. (Yes,
> membership in the LINY-DeLorean Motor Club has its benefits!)  When I
> lifted up
> the gear shift lever to get into reverse, it BROKE OFF!  Has  anyone ever
> experienced the lever breaking?  Mine broke right a the weakest  point,
> where the
> "reverse" pin goes through it.  Anyone know how to fit  this?  I can still
> shift but it a bit more challenging.  Not problem  today, I just left it
> in 3rd
> gear most of the time.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional