RE: [DML] fuel warning light not functioning / gage inaccurate

RE: [DML] fuel warning light not functioning / gage inaccurate

>  Adrian Said:
> I recently installed a fuel sender from DMCH ...
> I'm starting to think that they may not be the best products they've ever
sold.

The solution to your problem may depend on which "version" of the DMCH
sending unit you have. It's my understanding (from previous discussions)
that there are at least two DMCH versions, possibly three.
Version 1 had the top vent hole too close to the top. The gasket could cover
the hole, air could get trapped, and gas level/float couldn't get to the
top. The "fix" was to put notch in the gasket to let the trapped air back
into the tank and let the gas/float rise.

When those were sold out, Version 2 came out and fixed the vent hole
problem, but was a bit longer. In some cars it hit the bottom of the tank
and made it difficult to get the retainer ring to thread on. I think I
remember hearing that the fix was to grind off some excess metal from the
bottom of the sender. Perhaps DMCH shortened some before shipping them after
finding out that there was a problem.

Both versions used about 4 magnetic switches to indicate the fuel level. As
the level changes, the float causes another switch to open or close and the
indicated level drifts to the next level that can be indicated.

When Version 2 sells/sold out, Version three is/was supposed to fix the
problems from the previous versions and possibly add an additional level
switch.

I'm very open to a better explanation/solution if anyone has first-hand
info.

Gary
IN2TIME

<*> Your email settings: