Re: [DML] Re: Rotary Engines

The rotary engined Mazda RX8 is still on sale in Europe/Japan and
elsewhere. The engine was a multiple award winner when the car was released

http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/RX-8/

As for 1.5v -cells- go do some reading on batteries, and if you want
voltage you rack up may CELLS to create a BATTERY. I've personally USED
high energy NiMH cells made by Saft. 1.2v cells capable of 600A
discharge, doubling the efficiency and capacity of lead acid cells of a
similar weight. Hydrogen fuel cells are already a viable power source
for electric vehcles, unfortunately the supply of hydrogen is the problem

Martin

content22207 wrote:

> Like turbines, rotary engines were an interesting idea that just
> didn't bear fruit in consumer automobiles. Not only are they less fuel
> efficient than traditional four stroke designs, but they produce more
> pollution and tend to burn oil prodigiously.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)