[DML] Re: My Delorean for sale

I have to differ on the Vette,back in February 1985 I bought a Nice
Silver(or gray,whichever way you want to look at it) Vette,and being
the "new generation" Vette,it positivly attracted TOO MUCH
attention,everywhere I stopped people would clammer all over it,and
when I opened the clamshell hood,(or the spinning headlights,or the
LCD DASH)people thought it was "so exotic"....basically a rich mans
sports car,(back then)About the same amount of attention as a
Ferrari 308 back then(and the 308's got a LOT of attention and
admiration!!) because it was totally different from the past"dull
looking" Vettes,and being rare since there were NOT many around yet
of the new generation.(1984 AND 85 MODELS)
My point is after 24 years of basically "the same dull looking
Vette"(cosmetically)people tend to just ignore it,had the Delorean
still been in production in 2008,and had kept the same basic
design/with the amount of yearly production that JZD envisioned..
today EVEN the Delorean would be ignored,just as much as the Vette
is today.
Also in 1980,people mistook my red Bricklin as a rare exotic(one
off) Ferrari 308 with Gullwing doors,later(mid-late 1980's)it was
being mistaken for a Delorean.I would get more attention with my
Bricklin,than when I was driving my Delorean(before the BTTF movies)
Overall the Corvette gathered a LOT of attention,the Bricklin EVEN
MORE attention,and the Delorean Luke warm attention in the 1980's.
Now if and when GM comes out with a ALL NEW generation of Corvette
that is totally different from the present Vette,it will get the
same attraction as the 1984-85 Vettes did back in 1984-85.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gullwingmag" <gullwing-
magazine@...> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I respect your decision but there is something to keep in mind.
>
> This year at the Chicago club tech day I had a chance to take a
ride
> in a new Corvette.  Along the way we stopped to get gas...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)