[DML] Re: Seat belt repaired

Great job, Tom!
And how does the car behave with its replacement engine?
Better than before?
Does it have the cam shafts from the previous engine or still the
standard shafts?
Tried its top yet?

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Tait" <TTait@...> wrote:

> Thanks Josh and Welmoed.
>
> I went out this morning to Harbor Freight and picked up a heat gun,
and then settled down to work.  As I got started I realized that I
could pop out the black trim clip where the belt passes through the
panel.  That done I got a couple of fingers on the seat belt roller
and was able to wind the belt back on the reel.  I pulled it out
again and it was still too bound up to retract, so I got some
compressed air and then some lube down into the sides of the roller
assembly without even removing the cover panel.  After working it
back and forth a bit the belt now retracts again fine.

> It may be a temporary fix, so its good to know that I have the
tools and procedure when I do have to open the panel, but for today I
took the time I saved taking it all apart to have a nice drive
between rain storms.

<http://www.twofoos.com/crafts/sp.html>  These are
> becoming increasingly popular, and I just finished making my wife
one from
> the seatbelts out of the fire car I had. She loves it...and it's a
DeLorean
> original. John would have loved it!
>
> Reassembly of the panel is just the reverse of the removal...you
don't
> really need any new glue to hold the panel in place, as once you
put it back
> on the weatherstripping holds it in...but if you do decide you want
to use
> some, the best I've found is Hi-Strength 90 spray adhesive from 3M.
(Thanks